Breast cancer is one of the most common ailments found in females. This cancer gradually expands in stages usually 0 to 4th. Every stage has different symptoms and different treatments. But the real challenge lies in identifying the symptom initially, which are usually ignored by many females.
Usually in breast cancer treatment by stage TNM technique is used. TNM stands for identification of tumor, node, and metastasis. This technique examines how much the cancer tissue has evolved, has it spread to lymph nodes, and whether cancer has spread to other parts of the body or not; as per the outcome, numbers are given from 0-4 which depict the stage of the breast cancer.
Here are some vital aspects regarding breast cancer treatment by stage:
- TREATMENTS: there are a variety of treatments available for this stage like:
- SURGERY: when cancer cells are accumulated in one area these can be removed through a lumpectomy.
- RADIATION THERAPY: the radiation helps kill the cancer cells at their location itself.
- HORMONE TREATMENT: hormone treatment helps to balance the estrogen levels in the body.
- TREATMENTS: There are two types in this stage 1A and 1B. Along with surgery, radiation therapy, and hormone treatment one more treatment are required to cure this stage:
- CHEMOTHERAPY: this treatment is required in case the breast cancer type is triple-negative. Because TNBC is nonreceptive to hormone treatment.
- TREATMENTS: There are two types in this stage 2A and 2B. surgery is one option to go with for the removal of cancer tumors.
- COMBINATION THERAPY: if the cancer is hormone receptive a combination therapy of radiation therapy, chemotherapy and hormone treatment can be given to the patient.
- TREATMENTS: for this stage of breast cancer treatment usually, the doctors shrink the tumor size through surgery and then go for chemotherapy.
- TREATMENTS: this is the last stage of breast cancer and a combination of radiation, chemo, and hormone therapy is given. Targeted therapy is also given to the patient before surgery in many cases.